Features of the Home on Water Valley Escape
Click photo to enlarge.
- In 2014 both the interior and exterior of the home were renovated and 3/4ths of the house is brick. The remainder of the home has new siding with insulation. The home has all new windows that are energy efficient. There are three carports, two of the carports are taller so larger vehicles can be accommodated.
- The home is over 1500 square feet with three bedrooms, kitchen, 1 full bath room, 1 half bath, living room, family room, and dining area.
- The master bedroom has a queen size bed with a chest, dresser, and large closet.
- The second bedroom has a queen size bed with a dresser.
- The third bedroom has two twin beds with luxury memory foam mattresses and two tables. This room has a modem with an internet connection that uses satellites. During a storm there may not be an internet connection. Guests can connect to the internet with their laptops. There is a router with WiFi that is connected to the modem. Guest who wish to use WiFi can turn on the router. Guests who are electrically sensitive can turn the WiFi off or only turn it on when they are using it. The router with WiFi only works when there is an internet connection.
- There is a self inflatable queen size mattress for two additional people. Children count as people.
- The full bathroom has a large sink with a elevated faucet, an exhaust fan with a digital timer, lights on the wall, light in the ceiling with a separate switch, bath tub with shower with two heads (one head can be held in your hand), and shelving with towels, etc.
- The living room has a fireplace (do not use – the flu has been closed) and a sofa and chairs with a dining area. There is a built in desk with an IMac that is connected to the modem.
- Since this is our home part of the year, you will find many amenities such as a crock pot, rice cooker, etc. You will have the comforts of home.
- The kitchen has new counter tops, a new dishwasher that is raised so it is easier to use, two built in ovens, a microwave, cabinets, dishes and a roll-about kitchen cart. One oven was installed in 2014.
- The family room has an old wood cook stove, which is not to be used. (The flue is closed.) The old wood cook stove was used on the farm for many years. Also, in the family room is a television on an old wash table from a girl’s school in Baltimore, Maryland. The family room has a love seat, a reclining chair with a step stool, a rocking chair, etc.
- The half bath has a large sink with an elevated faucet.
- The dead trimmed sassafras tree in the front yard is left for the enjoyment of wood peckers.
- The home has a whole house surge protector, which provides added protection in the event of an electrical surge.
- The home has a geothermal heating and air conditioning system (installed in 2014) that also heats the hot water. In place of a regular thermostat there is a computer that provides much information in addition to the temperature. For example, one of the screens shows the temperature of the water coming into and going out of the house. The geothermal system is a variable speed system. The computer on the wall shows the current speed, which can vary from o\0% to 100%. Often the system operates between 0% and 10%. A separate electric meter shows the amount of electricity that the geothermal system is using.